Saturday, October 14, 2017

Research Paper Comments

Hello All!

Hope you've had a lovely weekend :) looking forward to activity week with you all starting tomorrow!

Just a few things:

  • First of all - don't forget your final papers are due tomorrow! I want them printed and given in as a hard copy. If your essay is not given in tomorrow I will not mark it and it will not be graded.
  • If you are completely unable to bring it to school, please let me know and I will extend the deadline to tonight. You can send it to me by email.
  • Thank you to those who took the time to give in their first draft. I hope my comments helped and that you understand what to do now!
  • You have all made similar mistakes in your essays so far, so I would like to clarify what they are and help you fix them:
    • You need to focus more on writing paragraphs rather than lists. I feel like nobody has read the post I made on how to write a good research paper - I've helped you divide them properly
    • The table I added is very useful - it will help you tie ideas to each-other by saying 'in comparison to' or 'on the other hand' (which means the opposite) and so on. USE IT to write a better essay.
    • Remember sequence words and compound sentences!
    • Your punctuation MUST be better than this. Please focus on punctuation and spelling - we just did punctuation last week, you should not be making this many mistakes!
    • Last but not least - use your own words more. Most of you have just copy/pasted big chunks from the internet. Put what you copied from the internet into your own words, use the thesaurus to find synonyms of words that you know.
This is getting you one step closer to proper writing :) please make the best of it.

Thank you and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment